Tuesday, December 8, 2020

November - December 1st month review post restructuring of portfolio

Basically to record what I have done and the results of my actions.

Stocks bought: TSLA, PLTR, AQB

TSLA was added due to the S&P500 addition news. I believe there would be a huge run up leading into 21 Dec. Still deciding if I should take profit or hold. Since then I have read up more and more of the company and start to find this company really innovative and interesting. The areas of business are wide and span across traditionally non overlapping industry by a single company. This was why I bought into ARKK in the first place. 

PLTR - was a purely speculative quick trade based on recommendations. Entered at $10.50 and sold at ~$27.5 after news of citreon shorting it and I felt that since I did not research much into it, better sell and secure my quick gains and reenter at $20. On hindsight, I think I can hold longer, by collecting capital and leaving pure profits to run if I put some homework in and dyodd. Currently, share prices are back close to ATH of $30.5 and if things goes well, would possibly be a 5 bagger by next year end. 

AQB - Saw ARKG and some chinese blogger talked about it. Was deciding which fake/alternate meat company (VRYYF) to invest in start a small position last month before coming across this counter. I felt like between fake meats like lab grown meat/plant based meat/ GMO meats, personally I would prefer to eat real but GMO meats. Its just less gross? IDK and feels more real? So I got a small position..I hope the company or similar company gains support before the fake meats / lab grown monstrosities gains too much traction. 

Overall, the restructured portfolio now stands at the following weightage: 

  • Income (mainly S-Reits): 40%
  • Stable Growths / Long Term trends: 25%
  • High Growth (and higher risks): 30%
  • Speculative (includes BTC): 5% 

I am considering to allocate 5% for speculative and 5% for BTC as a stand-alone for fiat hedge (sorry no gold). Where do I get that 5% from.. hmm 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry X'mas and 2023 EOY report

 This is mainly for self accountability. From now until 2030 I will try to keep a yearly EOY summary of what went right or wrong for the yea...