Sunday, October 1, 2017

I took the plunge recently with the small pot of savings I have to invest in a venture (call it venture A). This would be significant risk and may jeopardize many things such as marriage and ability to say f**k you at work. If it turns out well, not only would I stand to hold significant capital gains, it would likely fulfil my criteria of 6%yield on a long term basis.

Since this venture place a significant dent to my warchest, I would be on a semi-hiatus for my stocks portfolio, likely rotation play and yield accumulating only.

I would also need to cut expenses and rack up savings to prepare for new warchest and also fund the venture A.

In a sense this is also a good discipline exercise for me to save up. I am not getting any younger and I figured that a need a way to force myself to save. Rather than taking my chances with insurances and endowment I would rather spend my money on a venture.

Stocks wise, I bought back into UMS after seeing it reached a support of 0.9SGD and felt that it was oversold. It is now $1.SGD and I feel more is to come once bonus shares (1 for 4) is confirmed.

I also bought a few lots of Accordia Golf Trust as a form of replacement over Croesus Retail Trust's hi-yield role in my portfolio. I would buy more if it dips as this trust carries more risk than CRT. Looking at Dec dividend of 4.5% to 5% based on its monthly reports.  - Update 2018 Sold AGT in Late 2017 for 1.5 yr gains on yield due to lower utilization rate. Good decision to take quick profits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry X'mas and 2023 EOY report

 This is mainly for self accountability. From now until 2030 I will try to keep a yearly EOY summary of what went right or wrong for the yea...