Sunday, January 1, 2023

EOY 2022 - Summary and updates to portfolio

Short summary of investment portfolio: 

  1. YTD -27.01% (SPY: - 18.14%) 
  2. Rolling ROI: 4.37% *
  3. Oct to Dec: Averaged down on more BTC at $14.5K 
  4. Cut Pltr just because every cent is worth scrimping to focus on more conviction stuff
  5. Initiated Position for $DTH, since i wont know how long this environment will last, it may be a better ETF to hold if the high interest rates last for over 2-3 years 

Action Plan for Short Term (6 Months) , Medium (<2years), Long (5years or more) 

Short term: 

  • Adopt wait and see stance 
  • Minimum DCA on BTC if breaks ATL
  • Slowly layer DTH until 4% 
  • watch out for FED actions 
  • Buff up cash reserves

Medium term: 

  • Set aside $50,000 next year , reach goal $60,000 separate from investment 

Long Term:

  • Entry $TSLA @$100/ 80 but reminder to look out for fundamental / PE/ FCF / etc. % Portfolio long term no > 20%
  • BTC DCA monthly as hedge 
An uneventful year in terms of investment returns, technically if I exclude crypto from my investment portfolio I would be -13.06% which beats SPY - 18.14% by about 5% .... but it still sucks and it just an excuse for not performing.  My allocation strategy seem to work the way I intended to, minus the wrong bets for being itchy hands.. there wasnt any severe mistakes. 

Many people recommended selling earlier in year just to buy back later.. but as I historically sucked at timing markets I just avoided it and reduced by purchases (increased cash) time will tell if I did it right this time. 

From what I see, if rates continue and maintain at reasonable levels, value investing would make a comeback of sorts. Meanwhile Tesla is becoming value in its own way... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry X'mas and 2023 EOY report

 This is mainly for self accountability. From now until 2030 I will try to keep a yearly EOY summary of what went right or wrong for the yea...